November 28, 2020
Hometown is temporarily closed while we finish our long-term home at 1594 South Main Street, Harrisonburg We are sorry for the delay and are working to get the new location ready as soon as we can.
We plan to reopen in June when remodeling is finished and approved.
Regular hours: We are normally open 5 days a week (10-6 Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri; 10-5 Saturday; closed Thursday and Sunday) at our new location, 1931 South High Street, Harrisonburg.
Inventory is sometimes limited but growing daily. Check our Available Inventory page for updates.
Thanks for all the prayers, concern, support and encouragement we’re received! That’s a lot of what’s helping me keep going!
COVID-19: After serious reflection Hometown has remained open. (Except for the time in October-November when we didn’t have a building) Dealing with COVID is a new experience, and frankly, continues to be challenging and sometimes messy. Thank you for your support, understanding and patience as we do our best to remain open to serve you as safely and effectively as possible.
Our current hours are 10-6 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, and 10-5 Saturday. (Closed Thursday & Sunday)
Curbside Service Available: If your transaction is under $100 we can process it over the phone and bring the items to your car.
Our Showroom is open:
Update: The governor has announced that people who are fully vaccinated do not need to wear a mask.
- Please do your best to honor the 6′ rule inside and outside the store. (especially if you’re not wearing a mask)
- For safety and to help us meet government requirements please reasonably minimize your time in the store and avoid handling things unnecessarily. This still applies under phase 3 guidelines. We look forward to the day when we can go back to encouraging freely trying out the guitars, but that’s not appropriate right now. You may try out an instrument before you purchase it.
- Governor Northam’s Executive order requires everyone aged 5 and over who comes in the store to wear a mask. We appreciate if you wear a mask because that hopefully limits exposure to our staff and other customers if you are infected and don’t know it yet. We do fully respect the medical exemption included in the directive. We are wearing masks for your protection as required in the moving forward guidelines.
- We give first attention to customers in the store. We can’t always answer the phone. We answer the phone whenever we can, but we don’t walk away from a customer to answer it. Give us 10 minutes or leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
- Government guidelines require this notice: Persons with a fever, COVID-19 symptoms or known exposure to COVID-19 in the last 14 days may not come into the store.
As always we greatly appreciate our awesome customers! Thank you for your support and understanding and we hope to help you keep on making music.
If you have questions give us a call and we’ll do our best to help and work out what you need. (540) 434-4159 If you call when we’re busy, and we can’t get to the phone please leave a message and we’ll get back to you.