Note: our COVID-19 policy and showroom hours have changed to make sure we are in compliance with the most recent state requirements. This plan will necessarily develop and change as we figure out what works the best.
COVID-19 Policy: After serious reflection Hometown has made the decision to remain open to serve our community as long as we are allowed to do so. We wish to protect the health of our customers and staff by following recommendations and directives from government and health authorities and wish to update you on our current thoughts:
- To limit exposure, provide adequate “social distancing” and make sure we remain under the required limits from the Governor, we must limit showroom access. Our door may be locked and we are letting in one group at a time.
- We ask that you consider allowing us to provide you with curbside service. (See below)
- We hate to say it, but we are not able to allow casual browsing, just hanging out, and handling the instruments. If you want to purchase a guitar or keyboard we will work with you so that you can try it out.
- For the safety of our employees and customers we must reduce the number of customers who come inside the store. We are trying to allow only one “family” group at a time. (We’re defining “family” as “Came together in the same car”)
- Please remember the 6 feet guideline and give space to our employees and other customers both inside and outside the store.
- Please follow the recommendations to stay home if you are sick, have a fever or a cough.
We are, of course, doing extra hand washing and cleaning in the store.
As always we greatly appreciate our awesome customers! Thank you for your support and understanding and we hope to help you keep on making music.
- If you know what you need and it’s under $50 please consider calling ahead and we can process your transaction over the phone and have your items ready.
- If it’s over $50 we can still get things together and have them ready for you. Call us when you get here and we will come out and get your card or cash, process your transaction, and bring out your items.
- If you need to make a larger purchase that requires coming in the store you might consider scheduling an appointment and coming at a slower time on a weekday (Parts of the day on Saturday and 5 pm on a Friday can be a bit hectic sometimes)
- If you need to see the difference between a couple of items we can bring them out for you to see.
- This is a new experience, and frankly, it will probably be challenging and somewhat messy. We will be doing our best and reconfiguring as needed to make it work. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we do our best to remain open to serve you as safely and effectively as possible.