As of February 1st 2013 we are open at our new address: 38 Miller Circle, just off South Main one half mile South of Port Republic Road.
Our new location is about a mile and a half North of our old location.
Miller Circle is the road connecting South Main Street to Funky’s skating rink, Mark’s Bike Shop and Dominio’s Pizza.
Turn East off of South Main street onto Miller Circle between Wendy’s and the South Main El Charro. (Note: There is also a Wendy’s and El Charro on Rt 33/East Market street near where The Guitar & Amp Center used to be; don’t go there to find us)
Directions From I-81:
Take exit 245, Port Republic Road
head west towards Route 11 (South Main Street)
Turn Left on South Main/Route 11,
go 4/10 mile
Turn left onto Miller Circle just after Wendy’s
Turn into the first lot on the left behind Wendy’s
Like our facebook page to get updates and specials.
A little bit of Harrisonburg Music store history:
- Ace Music ‘N Electronics Started in 1975 and Moved to 2990 S Main in 1986
- Hometown’s owner, Chuck Marks worked for Ace from 1979 until 2000 when Ace closed
- Hometown Music started April 1, 2000 at 2990 South Main next to Steven Toyota.
- Hometown moved to 38 Miller Circle in February 2013.
- Coincidently, soon after we moved, the owner of The Guitar & Amp Center retired and closed the store. We weren’t connected to that process, but their closing did free up the Fender dealership in Harrisonburg which we acquired.
Open 10-6 Mon-Fri, 10-5 Saturday.
Updated 8/6/13. Originally posted 2/1/13.